Introducing vibe.d!

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:06:04 PDT 2012

Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> During the last few months, we have been working on a new
> framework for general I/O and especially for building
> extremely fast web apps. It combines asynchronous I/O with
> core.thread's great fibers to build a convenient, blocking
> API which can handle insane amounts of connections due to
> the low memory and computational overhead.
>
> Some of its key fatures are:
>
>   - Very fast but no endless callback chains as in node.js
>     and similar frameworks
>   - Concise API that tries to be as efficient and intuitive
>     as possible
>   - Built-in HTTP server and client with support for HTTPS,
>     chunked and compressed transfers, keep-alive connections,
>     Apache-style logging, a reverse-proxy, url routing and
>     more
>   - Jade based HTML/XML template system with compile-time
>     code generation for the fastest dynamic page generation
>     times possible
>   - Built-in support for MongoDB and Redis databases
>   - WebSocket support
>   - Natural Json and Bson handling
>   - A package manager for seemless use of extension libraries
>
> See http://vibed.org/ for more information and some example
> applications (there are some things in the works such as an
> etherpad clone and an NNTP server).
>
> vibe.d is in a working state and enters its first beta-phase
> now to stabilize the current feature set. After that, a
> small list of additional features is planned before the 1.0
> release.
>
> The framework can be downloaded or GIT cloned from
> http://vibed.org/ and is distributed under the terms of the
> MIT license.
>
> Note that the website including the blog is fully written
> in vibe and provides the first stress test for the
> implementation.
>
> Regards,
> Sönke

Sönke, vibed is truly amazing! I am interested in the web server's internal
architecture. I always wanted to do an implementation of a web server using
a form of asymmetric, multi-process event-driven architecture. A web server
which utilises fibers. It would be nice if you explain the web-server
architecture of vibed in more details.

Keep up with good work!

Regards