Introducing vibe.d!

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Fri Apr 27 04:40:05 PDT 2012

Am 27.04.2012 13:07, schrieb Puming:
> Excellent work Sönke! Vibe.d seems very promising :)

Thanks :)

> I've played with vibe.d with a hello project as described in the
> document, and downloaded vibenotes and vibeblog from git and
> poked around a little.
>
> vibe.d gives me a very smooth experience, and I'll try learn
> about it more :)
>
> two little things to note:
>
> 1. In the tutorial it didn't say how to start vibe.d project. I
> spent some minutes to find it: by running vibe at the root of a
> project. Maybe its clear to state that in the tutorial

It definitely needs some improvements. My idea would be to change it to
a step-by-step tutorial and also add support for something like "vibe
init <appname>" to generate the basic app skeleton.

> 2. It seems that diet templates doesn't support soft tab. I
> looked into the code, and in indentLevel(line) it only dectects
> '\t'. Will vibe.d support soft tab?

I put an item in the TODO list to detect the indent style from the first
indented line. This indent style would then be used for the rest of the
document.