Introducing vibe.d!

bls bls at orange.fr
Sat Apr 28 23:13:40 PDT 2012

Great job. Thanks Soenke et al;

>  - Built-in support for MongoDB and Redis databases

MySQL.
Like other folks here I need a SQL db, At least for MyQL 5.1
there is a socket based solution from Steve Teale.
https://github.com/britseye/mysqln
Means no licence trouble, and probably easier to establish async
support.

Additional drivers are easy to port to vibe.d because of the
blocking API - basically the only thing that has to be done is to
replace the socket calls (send(), recv(), connect() etc.) with
the corresponding vibe functions.
EndQuote

Can you elaborate a bit more ? Maybe using the vibe.d blog.

There is also a socket based PostgreSQL driver available, but I
have lost the link and dunno about the status quo.

----
A MIT licenced *D2 crypto lib worth a look :
http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcrypt/wiki/Features

*not up to date

----
Whishes:
diet template documentation.
diet template javascript example
server side QR-code generation.  (well may be I am able to
contribute)