Introducing vibe.d! SOAP .. REST?

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Sun Apr 29 23:38:05 PDT 2012

Am 29.04.2012 23:41, schrieb bls:
> Seems that my last reply was jammned or whatever .. so in short
> x509 certificate support... Why not ?

Do you mean for SSL or package signing or something else? They are
currently used for SSL, but currently there is no certificate validation
on the client side.

> SOAP/WSDL
> SOAP service consuming is what makes my bread and butter nowadays but
> to face it : Parsing a WSDL stream sucks
> Creating a SOAP service in D is .... Ouch.. Consuming a SOAP/WSDL in D
> is super...... anyway, Smart Devices are not realy interested in
> SOAP/WSDL...
> Means Vibe.d should support REST out of the box.
>
> I hope that you give ---- Interface to REST ------ (code-gen-wise) a try..
> Bjoern

If you mean automatic generation of a REST interface for an existing D
interface, then it's definitely planned. I can imagine a sloppy version
where the HTTP method is always POST or can be POST/GET as desired by
the client. But I would also like to have a more expressive version,
where the HTTP method is inferred from the D method somehow and maybe it
would also be possible to specify a sub path for each method.

Sönke