Introducing vibe.d!

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Mon Apr 30 00:00:44 PDT 2012

Am 30.04.2012 08:22, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> On 2012-04-29 20:29, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>
>> You just don't have to care about how to parse command line arguments,
>> how to initialize the library and to start the event loop.
>
> Right, didn't thought of that. Would it be a good idea to allow top
> level code and use "import" and mixin the code in some context, i.e. :
>
> // foo.d
>
> auto settings = new HttpServerSettings;
> settings.port = 8080;
> listenHttp(settings, &handleRequest);
>
> Then somewhere:
>
> // vibe.d
>
> void main (string[] args)
> {
> handleCommandLine(args);
> init();
> mixin(import("foo.d"));
> }

Interesting haven't thought about going that far :)

Somehow that reminds me of:
#define IF if(
#define THEN ){
#define ELSE } else {
#define ENDIF }

to transform C into BASIC. The scripting-only people would probably be
thrilled ;) But I have the tendency to think that this bends the
language a bit too far. They will also soon wonder why they cannot put
top-level code in their other files.

Sönke