Introducing vibe.d!

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Apr 30 15:52:36 PDT 2012

On Apr 30, 2012, at 8:26 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:

> Am 30.04.2012 15:48, schrieb Sean Kelly:

>>> Thanks, I've tracked it down to an assertion by logging stderr for now, but next time I will try the abort method (with __d_assert*), because just a call stack without line numbers was a bit sparse on information.
>>
>> What platform are you on?  You should be getting stack traces.
>
> I get a stack trace with function names but no line numbers (just byte offsets). It's Linux/64bit, compiled with -g.

Druntime uses backtrace() on Linux, and I've seen it give offsets at times instead of line numbers.  Can't say exactly why.  You may already know this, but you can figure out the offending line by calling "objdump -d -S" on the executable, then doing some hex math from the address of the reported function.