Dscanner - It exists

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 10:30:17 PDT 2012

First: This is not a release announcement.

I want to let people know that Dscanner *exists*.

https://github.com/Hackerpilot/Dscanner/

It's a utility that I designed to be used by text editors such as
VIM, Textadept, etc., for getting information about D source code.

I've held off on anoncing this in the past because I don't think
that it's really ready for a release, but after seeing several of
the threads about lexers in the D newsgroup I decided I should
make some sort of announcement.

What it does:
* Has a D lexer
* Can syntax-highlight D source files as HTML
* Can generate CTAGS files from D code
* VERY BASIC autocomplete <- The reason I don't consider it "done"
* Can generate a JSON summary of D code.
* Line of code counter. Basically just a filter on the range of
tokens that looks for things like semicolons.

It's Boost licensed, so feel free to use (or submit improvements
for) the tokenizer.