Dscanner - It exists

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:42:42 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 1 August 2012 at 21:35:08 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Am Wed, 1 Aug 2012 22:39:41 +0200
> schrieb Philippe Sigaud <philippe.sigaud at gmail.com>:
>
>> I just tested the JSON output and it works nicely. Finally, a
>> way to
>> get imports!
>
> What does it do if you import from _inside_ a function ?
> Not that this would happen often, but it can. :-]

It ignores the insides of functions, mostly because writing a
full D parser was not a design goal. I'm mostly concerned with
autocomplete, ctags, and summarizing. Unfortunately it also
ignores the insides of static if and version statements as well.
I've thought about having versions be a command line or
configuration option, but the only way to handle static if is to
actually be a compiler.