Dscanner - It exists

Bernard Helyer b.helyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 15:44:19 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 1 August 2012 at 22:31:39 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 8/1/12 6:23 PM, David wrote:
>> Ranges > Iterators, yes, but I think they are overdone.
>
> I don't.

I think the main problem is that you need that abstraction
for Phobos. Whereas if you're writing stuff for yourself,
you don't bother. Even if it's a library for consumption.

I wonder if there's an abstraction that would make defining
a range around some data trivial. Maybe even just a good
article on "why use ranges over X" where X == array of data,
or iterators for the C++ crowd.

I know in SDC's lexer we actually do have things that could
be turned into input and output ranges fairly trivially.

I would be concerned with potential performance ramifications,
though.

-Bernard.