dmd 1.075 and 2.060 release

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Aug 2 16:15:14 PDT 2012

On Thursday, August 02, 2012 19:04:06 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > On Thursday, August 02, 2012 12:18:37 Walter Bright wrote:
> >> Another big pile of bug fixes. More contributors than ever!
> >>
> >> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/changelog.html
> >> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.075.zip
> >>
> >> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html
> >> https://github.com/downloads/D-Programming-Language/dmd/dmd.2.060.zip
> >
> > The changelog is old. It did not get the changes from issue# 8459, so it
> > still lists isSafe as being changed to check for @safe only.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> A propos, is it about time to give up on changelog and replace it with
> bugzilla data-range queries? Maintaining the log is a manual
> time-wasting chore and bugzilla actually formats the data nicer.
> Thoughts? Destroy changelog starting with 061?

We need changelog.dd for the new/changes section (which is where the problem
is in this case), but your suggestion makes sense for the bugzilla section. It
requires someone doing the work though. I threw together a quick program to
grab the bugfix list from bugzilla and write it to a file, which is why the
Phobos bugfix list is as complete as it is, but I have no idea how you'd go
about automating it in the web page (as assume you'd be looking to do). My
knowledge of web-related programming is negligible. So, I like the idea, but I
have no idea who's actually going to implement it.

- Jonathan M Davis