2.060 on reddit

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Aug 3 19:42:20 PDT 2012

On Saturday, August 04, 2012 02:37:07 Stefan Scholl wrote:
> bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> > Caligo:
> >> When are allocators going to be ready?
> >
> > Direct experience shows me that once things are in Phobos, it's
> > not easy to fix their interface/API. Andrei fears of breaking
>
> Go's solution are experimental packages. You can always use them,
> but you know that they will change and at some time will be in
> antother namespace/directory.

It's been discussed a time or two that we should have an incubator project for
Phobos where potential Phobos modules go to be used and ironed out before
actually being reviewed for inclusion in Phobos. But it's never materialized.
Someone(s) would have to organize it and manage it, and no one has done so.

- Jonathan M Davis