2.060 on reddit

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Aug 3 19:57:06 PDT 2012

On Saturday, August 04, 2012 04:44:12 Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> > It's been discussed a time or two that we should have an incubator project
> > for Phobos where potential Phobos modules go to be used and ironed out
> > before actually being reviewed for inclusion in Phobos. But it's never
> > materialized. Someone(s) would have to organize it and manage it, and no
> > one has done so.
> >
> > - Jonathan M Davis
>
> I thought this was the idea of etc.* all along...

Someone may have suggested that at some point, but that's not the way that
it's used at all.

> If nobody's against it, we should definitely get the ball rolling.

I don't think that anyone's really against it, and it's not like it really
needs to be official. The Phobos review process can be the same that it's been.
There would just be a place for future Phobos stuff to be publicly tinkered
with and allowed to evolve through usage rather than just designing everything
up front as has often been the case with Phobos modules. The problem is that
someone actually needs to step up and make it happen.

- Jonathan M Davis