First working Win64 program!

torhu no at spam.invalid
Sun Aug 12 16:43:22 PDT 2012

On 12.08.2012 23:21, Sean Cavanaugh wrote:

> Post windows 8 launch we should start seeing mainstream games shipping
> 32 and 64 bit binaries together in the same box.  We already have moved
> off of 32 bit in house for our editors and tools.  The biggest hangup is
> Microsoft keeps shipping 32 bit OSes, and we still have to support XP at
> least through the end of the year.  With a little luck Win8 will be the
> last 32 bit one.

Can I ask, what are the reasons you want to move to 64 bits on the
Windows platform?  Is it higher memory requirements or something else?
The game with the highest memory use I've got installed is AFAIK
Starcraft II, still at only about one GB.  And as you know, 64 bit apps
can have lower performance than 32 bits in some cases. So I'm curious to
know what the reasons are in your case.