First working Win64 program!

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:11:22 PDT 2012

On Monday, 13 August 2012 at 18:29:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/13/2012 6:23 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2012-08-13 08:21, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> We'll see. It has already happened on OSX.
>>
>> The good think on Mac OS X is that basically all system
>> libraries are universal
>> binaries (both 32 and 64bit) meaning it really doesn't matter
>> for the user if an
>> application is 32 or 64bit.
>>
>> BTW, around 6.6% of my currently running processes are 32bit.
>> Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
>
> True, but consider that dmd is a 64 bit app, and nobody either
> complains about it or notices, and dmd by default produces a 64
> bit app, and as far as I can tell, nobody has noticed that
> either.

I noticed!  But it hasn't been a problem.  One of the things I've
actually been using D for is writing simple tools for work, to be
executed while in livedisc environments (diagnostics and the
like), so I have to keep both 32b and 64b versions of everything,
and the only missing component was 64b for Windows.  So yeah, I'm
pretty stoked about this.