OSX and 64-bit [Re: First working Win64 program!]

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 13 14:34:03 PDT 2012

On 8/13/2012 12:41 PM, Sean Kelly wrote:
> Strangely,libc on OSX is very backwards-compatible. To the point where buggy
> functions were preserved as-is and updated versions exported via weird labels
> linked by the compiler using some evil macro code. Needless to say, D
> unfortunalely links to the buggy versions because there's no way to express
> the new symbols in-language. I suppose I should try to sort something out
> using string mixins and inline assembler.

An easy way is to write a .c file for druntime that accepts the call to the
buggy function and calls the un-buggy one. That way the magic macros will work.

I've thought many times about adding a D feature that allows one to specify "use
this random character string instead of the identifier as the symbol name when
writing the object file", but never got around to it.