OSX and 64-bit [Re: First working Win64 program!]

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon Aug 13 16:15:51 PDT 2012

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:25:29 +0200
"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:

> On Monday, 13 August 2012 at 07:05:11 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Apple's strategy appears to be that computers are
> > non-upgradable,
> > non-repairable, disposable items that last until the next
> > release:
>
> It is this type of issues that keeps me away from Apple products.

Along with what I like to call "Orwellian Hipsterism". Or maybe
"Orwell-Chic". A noxious combination of intolerably large doses of
"trendiness" paired with Big Brother seeping out of every
millimeter of the design. And then high prices on top of all that.

The idea that Apple is the same company that put out that famous
"1984" commercial would be laughable if it weren't so depressing.