NaNs Just Don't Get No Respect

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Mon Aug 20 02:52:20 PDT 2012

On 18/08/12 05:03, bearophile wrote:
> F i L:
>
>> Why would it matter what is "normal"?
>
> It matters to me because I am curious.
>
> Why aren't my friends that work or study chemistry writing free small
> online articles like my programmer&CS friends do? Maybe it's systematic
> differences in their brain brain? Or it's just more easy to talk about
> coding compared to botany and chemistry and making engines? Or maybe
> programmers don't know what they are doing? Or maybe it's just I am not
> looking in the right places? :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

They write journal articles instead. Producing journal articles have
never been of major importance for IT, but they are crucial for science.

And if it isn't a new, publishable result, you're more likely to
contribute to something like Wikipedia, than to write a blog post.

OTOH some people do blog, for example, http://terrytao.wordpress.com/
who is one of the top mathematicians on the planet.