Walter charms the audience at Sioux

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Aug 23 18:43:01 PDT 2012

On Friday, August 24, 2012 03:27:47 F i L wrote:
> Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > You've been mistaken. @system is the default.
> >
> > If we could go back in time and redo things, we'd probably do
> > stuff like make
> > pure and @safe the default, but it's far too late now.
>
> Okay, thanks for the info. I have a feeling that D3 will truly be
> the "golden age" and point of mass adoption of the D programming
> language.

Well, since it'll be years before we even consider creating D3, we're in
trouble if we need D3 for D to be successful. D2 isn't perfect, but it's still
a very solid language and outshines more entrenched languages on a number of
levels. I'd expect that its lack of adoption is primarily a marketing issue.

- Jonathan M Davis