Walter charms the audience at Sioux

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:23:01 PDT 2012

Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> Well, since it'll be years before we even consider creating D3,
> we're in
> trouble if we need D3 for D to be successful. D2 isn't perfect,
> but it's still
> a very solid language and outshines more entrenched languages
> on a number of
> levels. I'd expect that its lack of adoption is primarily a
> marketing issue.

I think you misunderstand my intent. D2 will carry D to far
reaches, and is a very usable, and now stable language; and I
know D3 won't come for years. That said, there are language
issues that, as you put, simply can't be addressed in D2 because
they're not worth the effort required to fix them. I only meant
that I think once D3 does come around, and it's *perfect*, that
others simply wont be able to resist it and it will truly be
adopted on a mass scale.