Walter charms the audience at Sioux

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:48:18 PDT 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 8/23/12 9:27 PM, F i L wrote:
>> Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>>> You've been mistaken. @system is the default.
>>>
>>> If we could go back in time and redo things, we'd probably do
>>> stuff
>>> like make
>>> pure and @safe the default, but it's far too late now.
>>
>> Okay, thanks for the info. I have a feeling that D3 will truly
>> be the
>> "golden age" and point of mass adoption of the D programming
>> language.
>
> If it's not D2, it'll never be.

I'm not sure what so hard to understand about the term "golden
age" but I get the impression people here think I was dishing out
an insult to D2. I'm not. I'm just being realistic. Johnathan
mentions that D3 won't even be considered for years and that's
the amount of time I think it'll take before D2 fixes all it's
problems keeping it from becoming widely adopted: shared objects,
IDE tools, ARM (Android/iOS), third party libraries, etc.. thus
me saying that D3 will bring the _golden age_ of D. Meaning it's
the age where all the university and programming jobs are focused
on D.

I'm not being pessimistic here, I'm being optimistic.