Server downtime

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 28 14:57:25 PDT 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 8/28/12 12:42 AM, mta`chrono wrote:
> > Am 28.08.2012 00:53, schrieb Walter Bright:
> > > Jan Knepper is going to be upgrading the digitalmars server to new
> > > hardware over the next couple days. This will result in some downtime.
> >
> > Is this only related to the digitalmars website or to this newsgroup, too?
>
> Everything.
>
> Andrei

Not everything, though 'both' would have been a reasonably correct
response, if less than super informative.

Bugzilla, the mailing lists/newsgroup gateway, and the auto-tester will
all be up and running.  Admittedly the gateway is less useful w/o the news
server, but conversing among those that use the mailing list side of it
will still work.

I think the list of down services will be:
  www.digitalmars.com
  www.dlang.org
  news.digitalmars.com
  probably dns for those two domains

Not sure what else might be on that same host.