OT: Speed reading (was: Re: The best programming advice I ever got)

xenon325 1 at mail.net
Thu Aug 30 01:45:13 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 29 August 2012 at 14:53:39 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Not directly related to D, but hopefully a hook :o).
>
> http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1945828
>

> Andrei

In the context of learning to learn. Have anyone tried speed
reading [1] ?

I'm thinking about taking a course. Seems to be extremely useful,
but effort is pretty big (few hours each day for few months, and
I'm ... let's say not really disciplined) and opponents bash it
quite heavy (e.g. very superficial understanding of the text)

P.S. Good article. *A lot* of people I know seems to miss that
point.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_reading