gl3n - OpenGL Maths for D

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 31 10:04:53 PDT 2012

On 31 August 2012 17:54, David <d at dav1d.de> wrote:
> I updated gl3n today and added:
>
> * AABBs (axis aligned bounding boxes)
> * Planes
> * Frustum (this is not 100% tested yet, but seems to work)
>
> I also switched from cuteDoc to bootDoc.
>
> On my TODO-list:
>
> * the two open issues (nothing too important)
> * improve color support
> * SIMD
>
> Regarding SIMD, what's the current state? I heared from Manu that it's not
> fully implemented by DMD, but it should work with GDC?

That's debatable.

- DMD implements 16 and 32 byte vectors (actually, it only supports 16
byte vectors anyway).
- GDC implements 8, 16, and 32 byte vectors.

- DMD has it's own __simd intrinsics that are not portable to other compilers.
- GDC provides __builtin_* functions depending on whether the backend
architecture implements them, which are also not portable to other
compilers.

Other than that, you can bet that the usual + - / * operators work and
produce the correct code on GDC, not sure on the state of DMD...

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';