Awesomium D wrappers/bindings

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 04:15:41 PST 2012

On Friday, 14 December 2012 at 10:42:25 UTC, David wrote:
> Am 14.12.2012 06:15, schrieb evilrat:
>> i wonder why no one interested in project? maybe thats just
>> because
>> awesomium is um... half dead(can't pick correct word)?
>
> Because not a lot of people need this. I also wouldn't need it
> but I
> *want* it. Another reason is probably that a lot of the D users
> use
> Linux, which isn't supported by awesomium. Furthermore
> awesomium isn't
> Opensource, if I had the choice between a working awesomium and
> working berkelium, I would choose latter, even if it's a bigger
> pain to use.

berkellium is at chrome version 8(11 on windows), current chrome
version is 25, i've tried to just build up on version 23 but
there is soooo much differences so i don't know where to start
fixing stuff and where to find updated parts.
unfortunately there is no offscreen renderer on linux currently,
perphaps this is due to chrome itself(?).

anyway, i'm too interested in truly free crossplatform offscreen
browser renderer, perhaps i would (or at least try) to upgrade
berkellium up to the latest chromium.

well, my point is that even with all features D has that would
help with UI programming, HTML+JS is both cheap(most?) and simple
way to do modern UI, especially if target language don't have
decent UI frameworks(no offense to gtkd, dwt and others, but they
all mostly just a D wrapper rather than truly D ui), but thats
just my opinion =3

and concerning open source vs closed source, i would prefer
second if it allow free use when the first is GPL licensed. i
hate viral licenses, hate hate hate... (well for the stuff like
OS kernel it's fine, but for stuff such a simple small libraries
thats a bad idea)