Awesomium D wrappers/bindings

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 19:41:09 PST 2012

On Friday, 14 December 2012 at 05:15:05 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> i've just updated source repo, some minor changes, first code
> released. still no xcode projects though, still have some mess
> in project and no docs. but as soon as i have time i will clean
> this up, also i think to add some opengl(and maybe awesomium
> sdl demo port) examples in next commit to draw some attention.
>
> i wonder why no one interested in project? maybe thats just
> because awesomium is um... half dead(can't pick correct word)?

My biggest issue with using something like this would be the lack
of Linux support, and the lack of source code available. From
what I understand, your wrapper originally didn't have source
code available, but now does? Personally, I'm not too concerned
about Awesomium itself charging for the source code, but I would
consider including any third party library that you don't have
the source code for and isn't *very* well known in your code that
you don't have the source for to be irresponsible.

As for the Linux support, as far as I understand RC3 is expected
have Linux support, and Awesomium itself does support Linux.
Games like Heroes of Newerth and Overgrowth use it, and both of
those support Linux. It seems like RC1 supported only Windows,
RC2 Mac + Windows, and RC3 all three?

I hadn't heard of Awesomium before your post, and it actually
seems quite interesting. I was originally intending to make my
own OpenGL UI library when I reached the point where my programs
/ game needed an actual UI, but something like this seems like it
would be really nice. That being said, that's still a long ways
away, so this is mostly future thoughts.