ICE 0.1: a moddable shoot-em-up in D

ponce spam at spam.org
Thu Dec 20 12:18:41 PST 2012

On Thursday, 20 December 2012 at 18:41:13 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:

> Comments/criticism welcome (I've worked on a few toy game
> projects, but this is
> the first one that actually had a release; there are likely
> many beginner
> errors).

Hi,

If you are making a shoot-em-up (especially horizontal or
vertical) you should be aware that the players in this space can
be quite ann... er, hardcore. There are two things in your game
that they
hate with a passion: player inertia and lifebar. You might want
to remove those because this will probably backfire in
shoot-em-up communities.