ICE 0.1: a moddable shoot-em-up in D

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Thu Dec 20 23:43:13 PST 2012

On Thursday, 20 December 2012 at 23:15:39 UTC, Benjamin Thaut
wrote:
> Am 21.12.2012 00:07, schrieb Kiith-Sa:> To clarify: yes, GC
> runs all the time. It doesn't have a whole lot to
> > collect, though. It'd be inconvenient to disable it as I use
> stuff like
> > closures for
> > GUI, etc.
>
> It is nice to hear that leaving the GC enabled did work out for
> you.
> But basically is sounds like you are doing manual memory
> management after all.
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

I believe when D's GC gets improved this would be less of a
problem.

While working at a well known Finnish communications company, we
ported "legacy" high throughput communication servers from C++ to
Java and the performance was quite comparable.

--
Paulo