Getting ready for 2.061

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Dec 21 21:11:28 PST 2012

On Friday, December 21, 2012 17:12:47 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> We plan to start building a new release on Sunday evening. To do so
> (pursuant to the embryonic process we're putting in place), at that time
> we'll create a new branch called "staging" for each of dmd, druntime,
> and phobos.
>
> All contributors - over the weekend please ping reviewers on what you
> believe are pull requests with a high importance*urgency product. Once
> we branch into staging, pull requests will only be merged into master.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1287

really should be resolved prior to 2.061, or we're going to be introducing a
compiler flag (-di) which we're probably then going to turn around and
deprecate (and making deprecations warn by default instead of giving you an
error will be  _huge_ step forward in our ability to manage deprecations
without breaking people's code).

- Jonathan M Davis