Getting ready for 2.061

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 22 13:48:38 PST 2012

On 12/22/2012 10:39 AM, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Friday, 21 December 2012 at 22:12:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> We plan to start building a new release on Sunday evening. To do so (pursuant to the embryonic process we're putting
>> in place), at that time we'll create a new branch called "staging" for each of dmd, druntime, and phobos.
>>
>> All contributors - over the weekend please ping reviewers on what you believe are pull requests with a high
>> importance*urgency product. Once we branch into staging, pull requests will only be merged into master.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Is this the release for 2.061 which is being placed in staging?
>
> Pull requests which fix regressions and bugs should go into staging and be made against staging.

I strongly recommend requiring that all bugs be first fixed in the development branch and then being pushed backwards
through the version history.  Quite a few projects follow this pattern based on the requirement that no fix can ever be
accidentally left out of a future release.  You never want someone to pick up (using made up version numbers) 3.4.2 to
get a fix and later upgrade to 4.1.1 and find out it's not yet fixed in that release.