Amber

renoX renozyx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 01:16:57 PST 2012

On Monday, 24 December 2012 at 00:34:29 UTC, Kelly wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 December 2012 at 21:02:21 UTC, Faux Amis wrote:
>> On 21/12/2012 19:02, Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>>> Dear D community,
>>>
>>> I've been urged by many others to post about Amber here. It
>>> is a
>>> programming language being derived from D1, with a compiler
>>> written
>>> using D1 and Tango, with LLVM and C backends. The quality of
>>> code and
>>> documention is alpha (or pre-alpha).
>>>

>> I would love to read a bit about the differences between D1
>> and Amber.
>

> Might be incomplete, but here is the start of a list:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/larsivi/amber/wiki/Diff_D1

I do not want to sound dismissive, but IMHO the list of
differences is a bit "small" to start a new language..

Those 3 differences are interesting though:
-Annotations.
-Modern varargs; typesafe, indexable, slicable and possible to
pass on or unpack
-Easy to specify allocators during allocation

Though I didn't manage to find details about how they work on the
wiki.

renoX