Amber

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Thu Dec 27 18:34:28 PST 2012

renoX, el 27 de December a las 10:16 me escribiste:
> On Monday, 24 December 2012 at 00:34:29 UTC, Kelly wrote:

> >>I would love to read a bit about the differences between D1 and
> >>Amber.
> >

> >Might be incomplete, but here is the start of a list:
> >
> >https://bitbucket.org/larsivi/amber/wiki/Diff_D1
>
> I do not want to sound dismissive, but IMHO the list of differences
> is a bit "small" to start a new language..

The real difference is against D2, since D1 is considered a dead language
officially now. I think Amber tries to be another evolution of D1, a little
less radical than D2.

Maybe you could see D1 as C and D2/Amber as C++/Objective C (I don't want to
suggest any specific mapping between them :P).