Tango for D2: All user modules ported

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Feb 2 23:20:55 PST 2012

On 2012-02-02 20:42, SiegeLord wrote:
> Jacob Carlborg Wrote:
>
>> Ok, I see. Then we would have four different build methods:
>>
>> * bob.d
>> * bob.rb
>> * makefiles
>> * shell script (don't know if this works)
>
> Not shell script (I wouldn't know how to get it working, don't know shell well enough). The Ruby is in a similar situation, but perhaps I can learn enough of it to fix it (or someone can step up, it probably works now thanks to your efforts). I know enough Makefile to fix that up too if needed.
>
> -SiegeLord

Same here for me with shell scripts. I almost hate shell scripts as bad
as makefiles. You don't have to worry about the Ruby script. I created
that one, and it already works for at least Mac OS X. Hopefully it
already works on the other platforms.

The reason I created the Ruby script was the chicken and egg problem. I
wanted to build the latest version of Tango, they had changed the build
script to be written in D. There was no pre-compiled binary for Mac OS X
and the build script used the latest version of Tango.

I think Ruby is a great scripting language and it's installed out of the
box on Mac OS X.

So, any issues with Ruby script, just let me know.

--
/Jacob Carlborg