D FCGI

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 19:56:57 PST 2012

On Friday, 3 February 2012 at 23:15:19 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> I haven't looked at any of the files yet, but the fact that you
> have a set of database modules looks useful.

Yeah, I used to use php but wanted to ditch it for D, so
everything I needed from php I did in D too, and have since
moved beyond that as well (the other modules give higher level
wrappers, html dom stuff, and more.)

> I'll also take a look at how you are
> handling things in cgi.d and see if I can improve things in my

Two things I noticed your thing didn't do (unless I missed it)
was arrays of parameters and uploaded files.

Arrays of params is easy: in the query string or the POST
data, the names are simply repeated, so you can use a
string[][string] and append to it.

File uploads were a pain to implement, since it uses
MIME encoding, but still not too awful. You can take
whatever you want from my code.

> I wish this kind of stuff was easier to find, putting D
> <something> in a search almost never returns anything useful.

Aye.