DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.0

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Feb 4 08:29:56 PST 2012

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:jgde35$2h2t$1 at digitalmars.com...

> For Windows it should be similar, but instead of in ~/.dvm DVM is located
> somewhere else. I think it's in %APPDATA%\dvm which would be
> %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\dvm. Nick knows how it works on Windows
> better than I do.

It's in "%APPDATA%\dvm". On my computer, that resolves to "C:\Documents and
Settings\Nick Sabalausky\Application Data\dvm", but naturally that's going
to vary.

Everything else Jacob said about DVM's structure on Linux also applies to
Windows DVM, too. The only differences are the content inside the scripts
(and the fact that they're batch instead of linux shell, obviously).

I do like the idea of being able to do stuff like "dvm install ./myDMD mydmd
&& dvm use mydmd" or "dvm use ./myDMD".