Tango for D2: All user modules ported

SiegeLord none at none.com
Sun Feb 5 00:17:46 PST 2012

On 02/04/2012 05:56 AM, bobef wrote:
> Great news. Makes me wanna do D again after I gave it up mainly because
> the lack of Tango for D2 and the obvious death of D1 years ago. I don't
> see the announcement in the tango forums. I'm wandering if the original
> tango developers have any plans in using D2 and developing tango for D2?
> Also what are your plans for maintaining the port? Does it seem it will
> have long happy future or it is more of a hobby project?
>
> Regards,
> bobef

To add to what Timon Gehr said, I plan on using it and thus maintaining
it as much as possible. I keep it synched up with the D1 original, so as
long as the Tango developers keep improving the original, I'll keep the
port updated. I also welcome new features as long as they are in the
spirit of Tango, and don't break backwards compatibility too much (after
all, a big use case of Tango is for porting).

I haven't talked to the developers about making this an "official" port
or anything like that. I plan to in the future.

-SiegeLord