I wrote A starting guide for Newbies

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Feb 8 10:30:38 PST 2012

"MattCodr" <matheus_nab at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eesnpdwzqvxvoyhzurxq at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...
> On Wednesday, 8 February 2012 at 16:38:53 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> "MattCodr" <matheus_nab at hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:nahgizjzffezfswqwpms at dfeed.kimsufi.thecybershadow.net...
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I decided to wrote a starting guide for newbies and newcomers with D
>>> Language. It's a really simple and basic introduction for those who may
>>> be a little lost like me when I started.
>>>
>>> It's a PDF file format and can be seen accessing the link bellow.
>>>
>>> Link: http://goo.gl/GkAYO
>>>
>>> Any problems or mistakes please let me know.
>>>
>>> I really hope you enjoy.
>>
>> Link to the actual PDF itself? Google's viewer is the only PDF reader on
>> the planet that actually manages to be worse than Adobe's reader.
>
> Hi,
>
> You can download the ORIGINAL PDF FILE clicking on "File" button
> (Top-Left) and then "Download Original" and save in your PC.
>
> Matheus.

That relies on actually using Google's broken-ass "software", and getting
the worthless thing to even work in the first place:

http://www.semitwist.com/download/img/shots/GoogleDocs.png

Yea, I could go jumping through all their moronic hoops, but what's wrong
with *standard* links/URLs? I don't understand why Google insists on waging
their war against normal sensible <a> links and everything intelligent, but
there's no reason to encourage it.

Bottom line, Google has their heads firmly up their asses, and even if they
didn't: it makes no sense to force people to use Google's *cough* "software"
just to access a basic URL. I don't go forcing people to use FoxIt reader
just to **access** PDFs I link to.