I wrote A starting guide for Newbies

MattCodr matheus_nab at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:11:26 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 8 February 2012 at 23:01:56 UTC, Manfred Nowak
wrote:
> Yao Gomez wrote:
>
>> My suggestion is that you should specify that your guide is
>> about tools an configuring those tools.
>
> Looks like for the author (and many others) the IDE represents
> the language and the compiler is a tool for the IDE.
>
> -manfred

No way pal, IDE for me is just a tool, and I refer to a IDE
constantly because I like the productivity that it provides when
I need dealing with a huge project it's resources for example.

You can write a code inside a simple text editor without any
resouces except OPEN & SAVE. But I really prefer using a text
editor with syntax highlight instead.

Matheus.