parallel copy directory, faster than robocopy

Jay Norwood jayn at prismnet.com
Mon Feb 13 20:58:32 PST 2012

Attached is the source for a small parallel app that copies a source folder to a destination.  It creates the directory structure first using the breadth ordering, then uses a parallel foreach loop with the taskPool to copy all the regular files in parallel.  On my corei7, this copied a 1.5GB folder with around 36K entries to a destination in about 11.5 secs (src and dest on the same ssd drive).  This was about a second better than robocopy, which is the fastest alternative I could find.   The regular win7-64 copy takes 41 secs for the same folder.

I'd like to add wildcard processing for the sources, but haven't found a good example.