D forums now live!

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 08:48:14 PST 2012

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:09:17 -0500, Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:

> "Steven Schveighoffer" <schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:op.v9p5j6jaeav7ka at localhost.localdomain...
>> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:00:05 -0500, Walter Bright
>> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://forum.dlang.org/
>>>
>>> This should replace the old miserable web interface to the forums.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Vladimir Panteleev for an awesome job writing this!
>>
>> The "Forums" link on the left points at
>> http://digitalmars.com/NewsGroup.html for many pages (including
>> dlang.org
>> home page).  Please make this point at the new forum page.
>>

> That really should stay there, with a prominent link to the forum added
> that page. This is just for people who's rather use a web interface. We
> don't want to make it *harder* to discover the proper NNTP version.

No, I didn't mean that.  But NNTP is not a forum.  Note that on other
pages (notably forum.dlang.org), the "Forums" link goes to forum.dlang.org

I think the right solution is to create a new page for dlang.org that
contains information about NNTP joins, add a link to that under the
"Community" section labeled "News Groups", and make the "Forums" link go
to forum.dlang.org

-Steve