D forums now live!

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Feb 15 11:18:09 PST 2012

On 2/15/2012 2:55 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> That's a tough one... This behavior is part of an effort to make the interface
> look good on any screen size. This doesn't include just PCs, but also mobile
> devices.

Working well on mobile devices is essential. I was pleased to find that dfeed
works well on an iPod and a Kindle Fire.

Mobile devices are also very sensitive to bandwidth, so staying with no
javascript and small html files is a big win.

The response on Reddit made one thing really, really clear - people LIKE the
high performance of dfeed in a big way. That makes me very, very reluctant to
endorse any changes that would slow things down.