D forums now live!

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed Feb 15 11:37:23 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 15 February 2012 at 18:47:08 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2012-02-14 23:00, Walter Bright wrote:
>> http://forum.dlang.org/
>>
>> This should replace the old miserable web interface to the
>> forums.
>>
>> Thanks to Vladimir Panteleev for an awesome job writing this!
>
> I got another idea. When shrinking the window you're removing
> the menu to the left. It might also be good to remove the
> gravatar images, at some size, to get some more for the text.

There isn't really a lot to win, because you can only remove so
much until the side panel of posts becomes too narrow. One thing
that can be done instead, is to move said panel at the top of the
post (like you can see in the threaded / horizontal-split views).
This can't be done with just CSS without also duplicating the
HTML, though.