D forums now live!

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Feb 15 13:38:16 PST 2012

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:jhh0dg$1ah0$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2/15/2012 2:55 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> That's a tough one... This behavior is part of an effort to make the
>> interface
>> look good on any screen size. This doesn't include just PCs, but also
>> mobile
>> devices.
>
> Working well on mobile devices is essential. I was pleased to find that
> dfeed works well on an iPod and a Kindle Fire.
>
> Mobile devices are also very sensitive to bandwidth, so staying with no
> javascript and small html files is a big win.
>
> The response on Reddit made one thing really, really clear - people LIKE
> the high performance of dfeed in a big way. That makes me very, very
> reluctant to endorse any changes that would slow things down.

(I didn't want to say this *on* reddit, but I think I'm safer here...)

It kinda makes sence that the reddit croud would find it to be notably
super-fast. Reddit itself really *is* very, very, VERY slow when you have JS
on. Particularly on pages like that with many posts. And that's even with
all the ad stuff blocked.