D forums now live!

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 01:14:18 PST 2012

On Tuesday, 14 February 2012 at 22:13:42 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 February 2012 at 22:00:06 UTC, Walter Bright
> wrote:
>> http://forum.dlang.org/
>>
>> This should replace the old miserable web interface to the
>> forums.
>>
>> Thanks to Vladimir Panteleev for an awesome job writing this!
>
> The pleasure is mine!
>
> I should add that I still have a long list of things to add,
> tweak or fix to go through, as well as balancing that with a
> move to a faster, beefier server. Feedback is still welcome,
> and you can find the source on GitHub, here:
> https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed

Definitely looks great so far. I'm more than a little surprised
that it's so fast despite the server being in France and me being
in Canada. One thing that annoys me though is that there is no
easy way (short of the back button) to go back to the section /
newsgroup you were at after reading. When you're scrolled to the
bottom of the page, you have to manually scroll back up then
click the text at the top. It would be nice if there was at least
a Top button to get back to the top of the page. It sounds minor,
but it's annoying to scroll to the top without using the
keyboard, and generally when browinsg your hands aren't on the
keyboard.

Also, robots.txt seems like it needs to be updated. Google is
storing pages from /reply/stuff, which brings up the reply form
when clicked instead of the thread itself.