CWrap - higher abstraction level for calling C functions

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Feb 21 04:12:31 PST 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:52:04 +0100
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, CWrap provides more than just bindings for a C
> function.

Right, but, afaik, SWIG can also make more than wrapper for a C function
by using typemaps, %exception etc.

Does it mean that dstep is only tool for wrapping C function for usage
in D?

> SWIG or dstep could output CWrap bindings.

The former probably won't bother to do it, but wonder about the latter?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And
whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.