D forums now live!

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 18:28:15 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 22 February 2012 at 02:21:22 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> Really? I didn't know there was such a thing. Is this a setting
> in one of
> the (*cough*increasingly hidden*cough*) options screens, or
> something you
> add to the HTML?

You can get it both ways. X-UA-Compatible in html (or something
like that, bing it!) or hit the F12 key in the ui.

This was added in IE8, though, you can get it as a separate
download
I think in 6 and 7.

F12 in IE8 and 9 opens up the developer tools window, which has
script errors, debugging, network stats, html and css browsers,
and, compatibility mode as a button right there.

Its awesome. IE9 is my fav browser ever as a web developer.