You crapper encounter...

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Feb 26 07:55:10 PST 2012

"Lars T. Kyllingstad" <public at kyllingen.net> wrote in message
news:jidgmp$o6f$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 26/02/12 11:24, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

>>> At first, I thought the site was some sort of auto-generated content to
>>> fool users to see the ads :)
>>
>> I know that there's at least one site out there which will generate
>> random
>> research papers for you, but even those are way better than this, because
>> that
>> sort of thing takes real, valid sentences and puts them together in way
>> that
>> its AI thinks will sound good (and the result with the research papers is
>> stuff
>> that sounds good until you start trying to figure out what it actually
>> means)
>
> Someone actually managed to get a paper like this accepted to a
> conference. :)
>
> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

Heh, I glanced through their first example, and came across this gem:

"First, we halved the effective optical drive space of our mobile telephones
to better understand the median latency of our desktop machines. This step
flies in the face of conventional wisdom, but is instrumental to our
results."

The whole thing sounds like it's written by former researchers who have
completely snapped. It's so random, there's no coherence from one sentence
to the next :)