D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 07:16:15 PST 2012

On Monday, 27 February 2012 at 11:32:52 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
> How come you didn't do this as a proper fork/branch of dmd?

At first, I downloaded a zip of your fork just to take a
look at it - I had no intention of actually modifying it.

But, then I started to play around and never cleaned
stuff up.

/home/me/d/toys/yebblies-dmd-7723455/src

That's the name of the directory where it lives on
my computer :)

I pushed it up to github last night right before
making the ng post as a last-minute decision, figuring
github would make it easier for people to look at.

Redoing it as a proper fork won't be that hard; most the
changes are in the one microd.c file anyway. Maybe I
will next weekend.

> It's also not too hard to strip out the backend if you want to
> redistribute
> the binary.  (stub out e2ir,s2ir,glue,toobj,iasm and remove the
> backend specific stuff from main)

Cool. I took a quick look at doing that but just horribly
broke my build.

Isn't parts of ctfe implemented in glue.c though? I don't
see it obviously in there, but I thought I saw something
about that once.