D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Feb 29 09:46:13 PST 2012

"Alex Rønne Petersen" <xtzgzorex at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:jilnie$1fsr$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 29-02-2012 18:32, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 2/26/12 9:51 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>>> https://github.com/downloads/adamdruppe/dtojs/dtojs.zip
>> [snip]
>>
>> That's interesting. So the idea is to make an entire subset of D
>> convertible to Javascript?
>>
>> What use cases do you have in mind?
>>

>> Andrei
>>

> Avoiding writing JS directly in web apps comes to mind.

Yea, creating JS without having to actually *write* JS is a huge use-case in
and of itself.

(I still can't believe the web has standardized on such an absolute shit
langauge. Hell, two of them if you count PHP on the server.)