D to Javascript converter (a hacked up dmd)

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 11:40:30 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 29 February 2012 at 19:10:27 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky
wrote:
> If you are serious about dmd I would recommend it, as I've
> spent weeks to figure out proper try/catch/finally
> implementation and fix closures that were broken.

Indeed, I still have a copy of your zip from before.

I tried to do it too, but I never got a lot of things
working quite right; it'd sometimes crash, I replaced the
AAs with a linear lookup since I didn't get that working
right either.

Your version worked well, as I recall.

But on dmdscript vs v8, v8 is faster, but I'm not too
concerned about speed.

A couple big advantages dmdscript has are:

a) I expect it will be easier to integrate in D apps

b) I already know its source code, so if I want to hack new
things on to the language, it won't be a big todo.

c) license is a little more permissive.

The big one though is familiarity with the source.