DVM - D Version Manager 0.4.0

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Jan 8 04:18:45 PST 2012

On 2012-01-07 21:39, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Nick Sabalausky"<a at a.a>  wrote in message
> news:jeaaae$304r$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> "Jacob Carlborg"<doob at me.com>  wrote in message
>> news:je9fbv$1heb$2 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> I would really like to do a complete rewrite of the tool, the internals.
>>> Well actually more of a complete refactoring so DVM can be built as a
>>> library and the tool uses the library. This would make things like the
>>> above much easier to integrate.
>>>

>> Interesting. Do you have any sort of idea on when, or a rough roadmap? Or
>> is it one of those "One of things days if I get around to it" sort of
>> thing (that I'm all too familiar with myself!)?
>>

> I guess what I'm really getting at is: Is the refactoring you have in mind
> something that should ideally come before other new features? Or would that
> not really matter?

Ideally it should come before other new features. I mean, the more stuff
we put in there the more mess it will be. The point of the refactoring
is of course to make it easier to add new features and to understand the
code.

I'm not really sure about the road map. I'm currently focusing on Orbit,
the package manager I'm developing. Also the main goal of DVM is already
done. Hopefully I can squeeze in some time to work on DVM before the
first release of Orbit.

About the refactoring, what to you think about these:

* Move to git
* Move to github
* Port to D2, still using Tango

--